1. Karre L, Lopez K, Getty KJ. Natural antioxidants in meat and poultry products. Meat Sci. 2013;94(2):220-7.
2. Petrou S, Tsiraki M, Giatrakou V, Savvaidis I. Chitosan dipping or oregano oil treatments, singly or combined on modified atmosphere packaged chicken breast meat. Int J Food Microbiol. 2012;156(3):264-71.
3. Mexis S, Chouliara E, Kontominas M. Shelf life extension of ground chicken meat using an oxygen absorber and a citrus extract. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2012;49(1):21-7.
4. Shahbazi Y, Karami N, Shavisi N. Effect of Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil on shelf life and fate of Listeria monocytogenes and Staphylococcus aureus in refrigerated chicken meatballs. J Food Safety. 2017;38(1):e12394.
5. Khezrian A, Shahbazi Y. Application of nanocompostie chitosan and carboxymethyl cellulose films containing natural preservative compounds in minced camel’s meat. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;106:1146-58.
6. Rahman PM, Mujeeb VA, Muraleedharan K. Flexible chitosan-nano ZnO antimicrobial pouches as a new material for extending the shelf life of raw meat. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;97:382-91.
7. Kakaei S, Shahbazi Y. Effect of chitosan-gelatin film incorporated with ethanolic red grape seed extract and Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil on survival of Listeria monocytogenes and chemical, microbial and sensory properties of minced trout fillet. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2016;72:432-8.
8. Shahbazi Y. The properties of chitosan and gelatin films incorporated with ethanolic red grape seed extract and Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil as biodegradable materials for active food packaging. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;99:746-53.
9. Kanatt SR, Rao M, Chawla S, Sharma A. Effects of chitosan coating on shelf-life of ready-to-cook meat products during chilled storage. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2013;53(1):321-6.
10. Murmu SB, Mishra HN. The effect of edible coating based on Arabic gum, sodium caseinate and essential oil of cinnamon and lemon grass on guava. Food Chem. 2018;245:820-8.
11. Arancibia M, Giménez B, López-Caballero M, Gómez-Guillén M, Montero P. Release of cinnamon essential oil from polysaccharide bilayer films and its use for microbial growth inhibition in chilled shrimps. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2014;59(2):989-95.
12. Emiroğlu ZK, Yemiş GP, Coşkun BK, Candoğan K. Antimicrobial activity of soy edible films incorporated with thyme and oregano essential oils on fresh ground beef patties. Meat Sci. 2010;86(2):283-8.
13. Royo M, Fernández‐Pan I, Maté JI. Antimicrobial effectiveness of oregano and sage essential oils incorporated into whey protein films or cellulose‐based filter paper. J Sci Food Agric. 2010;90(9):1513-9.
14. Karabagias I, Badeka A, Kontominas M. Shelf life extension of lamb meat using thyme or oregano essential oils and modified atmosphere packaging. Meat Sci. 2011;88(1):109-16.
15. Djenane D, Aïder M, Yangüela J, Idir L, Gómez D, Roncalés P. Antioxidant and antibacterial effects of Lavandula and Mentha essential oils in minced beef inoculated with E. coli O157:H7 and S. aureus during storage at abuse refrigeration temperature. Meat Sci. 2012;92(4):667-74.
16. Hayes J, Stepanyan V, Allen P, O’Grady M, Kerry J. Effect of lutein, sesamol, ellagic acid and olive leaf extract on the quality and shelf-life stability of packaged raw minced beef patties. Meat Sci. 2010;84(4):613-20.
17. Ojagh SM, Rezaei M, Razavi SH, Hosseini SMH. Development and evaluation of a novel biodegradable film made from chitosan and cinnamon essential oil with low affinity toward water. Food Chem. 2010;122(1):161-6.
18. Jouki M, Yazdi FT, Mortazavi SA, Koocheki A, Khazaei N. Effect of quince seed mucilage edible films incorporated with oregano or thyme essential oil on shelf life extension of refrigerated rainbow trout fillets. Int J Food Microbiol. 2014;174:88-97.
19. Jay JM, Loessner MJ, Golden DA. Modern Food Microbiology, 7th Ed.,. New York, NY: Springer Science Business Media, Inc, 2005.
20. Shavisi N, Khanjari A, Basti AA, Misaghi A, Shahbazi Y. Effect of PLA films containing propolis ethanolic extract, cellulose nanoparticle and Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil on chemical, microbial and sensory properties of minced beef. Meat Sci. 2017;124:95-104.
21. Kanatt SR, Chander R, Sharma A. Chitosan and mint mixture: A new preservative for meat and meat products. Food Chem. 2008;107(2):845-52.
22. Lekjing S. A chitosan-based coating with or without clove oil extends the shelf life of cooked pork sausages in refrigerated storage. Meat Sci. 2016;111:192-7.
23. Yuan G, Chen X, Li D. Chitosan films and coatings containing essential oils: The antioxidant and antimicrobial activity, and application in food systems. Food Res Int. 2016;89:117-28.
24. Sirocchi V, Devlieghere F, Peelman N, Sagratini G, Maggi F, Vittori S, et al. Effect of Rosmarinus officinalis L. essential oil combined with different packaging conditions to extend the shelf life of refrigerated beef meat. Food Chem. 2017;221:1069-76.
25. Qi S, Zhou D. Lotus seed epicarp extract as potential antioxidant and anti-obesity additive in Chinese Cantonese Sausage. Meat Sci. 2013;93(2):257-62.
26. Li J, Zhang M, Zheng T. The in vitro antioxidant activity of lotus germ oil from supercritical fluid carbon dioxide extraction. Food Chem. 2009;115(3):939-44.
27. Georgantelis D, Ambrosiadis I, Katikou P, Blekas G, Georgakis SA. Effect of rosemary extract, chitosan and α-tocopherol on microbiological parameters and lipid oxidation of fresh pork sausages stored at 4 °C. Meat Sci. 2007;76(1):172-81.
28. Ojagh SM, Rezaei M, Razavi SH, Hosseini SMH. Effect of chitosan coatings enriched with cinnamon oil on the quality of refrigerated rainbow trout. Food Chem. 2010;120(1):193-8.
29. Casaburi A, Piombino P, Nychas GJ, Villani F, Ercolini D. Bacterial populations and the volatilome associated to meat spoilage. Food Microbiol. 2015;45:83-102.
30. Aider M. Chitosan application for active bio-based films production and potential in the food industry: Review. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2010;43(6):837-42.
31. Alves VLCD, Rico BPM, Cruz RMS, Vicente AA, Khmelinskii I, Vieira MC. Preparation and characterization of a chitosan film with grape seed extract-carvacrol microcapsules and its effect on the shelf-life of refrigerated Salmon (Salmo salar). LWT. 2018 2;89:525-34.
32. Berizi E, Hosseinzadeh S, Shekarforoush SS, Barbieri G. Microbial, chemical, textural and sensory properties of coated rainbow trout by chitosan combined with pomegranate peel extract during frozen storage. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;106:1004-13.
33. Rezaei F, Shahbazi Y. Shelf-life extension and quality attributes of sauced silver carp fillet: A comparison among direct addition, edible coating and biodegradable film. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2018;87:122-33.
34. Khanjari A, Karabagias I, Kontominas M. Combined effect of N, O-carboxymethyl chitosan and oregano essential oil to extend shelf life and control Listeria monocytogenes in raw chicken meat fillets. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2013;53(1):94-9.
35. Nowzari F, Shábanpour B, Ojagh SM. Comparison of chitosan–gelatin composite and bilayer coating and film effect on the quality of refrigerated rainbow trout. Food Chem. 2013;141(3):1667-72.
36. Dehnad D, Mirzaei H, Emam-Djomeh Z, Jafari S-M, Dadashi S. Thermal and antimicrobial properties of chitosan–nanocellulose films for extending shelf life of ground meat. Carbohyd Polym. 2014;109:148-54.
37. Burt S. Essential oils: their antibacterial properties and potential applications in foods-a review. Int J Food Microbiol. 2004;94(3):223-53.
38. Mild RM, Joens LA, Friedman M, Olsen CW, McHugh TH, Law B. Antimicrobial edible apple films inactivate antibiotic resistant and susceptible Campylobacter jejuni strains on chicken breast. J Food Sci. 2011;76(3): M163-8.