1. Lekjing S. A chitosan-based coating with or without clove oil extends the shelf life of cooked pork sausages in refrigerated storage. Meat Sci. 2016;111:192-7.
2. Dehnad D, Mirzaei H, Emam-Djomeh Z, Jafari S-M, Dadashi S. Thermal and antimicrobial properties of chitosan–nanocellulose films for extending shelf life of ground meat. Carbohydr Polym. 2014;109:148-54.
3. Shahbazi Y, Karami N, Shavisi N. Effect of Mentha spicata essential oil on chemical, microbial, and sensory properties of minced camel meat during refrigerated storage. J Food Safety. 2018;38(1):e12375.
4. Turgut SS, Soyer A, Işıkçı F. Effect of pomegranate peel extract on lipid and protein oxidation in beef meatballs during refrigerated storage. Meat Sci. 2016;116:126-32.
5. Siripatrawan U, Noipha S. Active film from chitosan incorporating green tea extract for shelf life extension of pork sausages. Food Hydrocoll. 2012;27(1):102-8.
6. Khezrian A, Shahbazi Y. Application of nanocompostie chitosan and carboxymethyl cellulose films containing natural preservative compounds in minced camel’s meat. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;106:1146-58.
7. Solomakos N, Govaris A, Koidis P, Botsoglou N. The antimicrobial effect of thyme essential oil, nisin and their combination against Escherichia coli O157:H7 in minced beef during refrigerated storage. Meat Sci. 2008;80(2):159-66.
8. Shahbazi Y, Karami N, Shavisi N. Effect of Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil on shelf life and fate of Listeria monocytogenes and Staphylococcus aureus in refrigerated chicken meatballs. J Food Safety. 2017;38(1):e12394.
9. Rezaei F, Shahbazi Y. Shelf-life extension and quality attributes of sauced silver carp fillet: A comparison among direct addition, edible coating and biodegradable film. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2018;87:122-33.
10. Jay JM, Loessner MJ, Golden DA. Modern Food Microbiology, 7th Ed.,. New York, NY: Springer Science Business Media, Inc,; 2005.
11. Burt S. Essential oils: their antibacterial properties and potential applications in foods-a review. Int J Food Microbiol. 2004;94(3):223-53.
12. Shavisi N, Khanjari A, Basti AA, Misaghi A, Shahbazi Y. Effect of PLA films containing propolis ethanolic extract, cellulose nanoparticle and Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil on chemical, microbial and sensory properties of minced beef. Meat Sci. 2017;124:95-104.
13. Tajkarimi M, Ibrahim S, Cliver D. Antimicrobial herb and spice compounds in food. Food Control. 2010;21(9):1199-218.
14. Menezes NMC, Martins WF, Longhi DA, de Aragão GMF. Modeling the effect of oregano essential oil on shelf-life extension of vacuum-packed cooked sliced ham. Meat Sci. 2018;139:113-9.
15. Mexis S, Chouliara E, Kontominas M. Combined effect of an O2 absorber and oregano essential oil on shelf-life extension of Greek cod roe paste (tarama salad) stored at 4 C. Innov Food Sci Emerg Technol. 2009;10(4):572-9.
16. Skandamis PN, Nychas G-JE. Development and evaluation of a model predicting the survival of Escherichia coli O157: H7 NCTC 12900 in homemade eggplant salad at various temperatures, pHs, and oregano essential oil concentrations. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66(4):1646-53.
17. Jouki M, Yazdi FT, Mortazavi SA, Koocheki A, Khazaei N. Effect of quince seed mucilage edible films incorporated with oregano or thyme essential oil on shelf life extension of refrigerated rainbow trout fillets. Int J Food Microbiol. 2014;174:88-97.
18. Frangos L, Pyrgotou N, Giatrakou V, Ntzimani A, Savvaidis I. Combined effects of salting, oregano oil and vacuum-packaging on the shelf-life of refrigerated trout fillets. Food Microbiol. 2010;27(1):115-21.
19. Shahbazi Y, Shavisi N. Chemical composition, antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of the essential oil and methanolic extract of Ferulago bernardii Tomk. & M. Pimen of Iran. Arch Phytopathology Plant Protect. 2015 2015/07/21;48(9-12):699-710.
20. Shahbazi Y. Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil and nisin as potential antimicrobial agents against Escherichia coli O157:H7 in Doogh (Iranian yoghurt drink). J Pathogens. 2015;2015:1-5
21. Mohebi E, Shahbazi Y. Application of chitosan and gelatin based active packaging films for peeled shrimp preservation: A novel functional wrapping design. LWT-Food Sci Technol. 2017 76:108-16.
22. Pesavento G, Calonico C, Bilia A, Barnabei M, Calesini F, Addona R, et al. Antibacterial activity of Oregano, Rosmarinus and Thymus essential oils against Staphylococcus aureus and Listeria monocytogenes in beef meatballs. Food Control. 2015;54:188-99.
23. García-Díez J, Alheiro J, Falco V, Fraqueza MJ, Patarata L. Chemical characterization and antimicrobial properties of herbs and spices essential oils against pathogens and spoilage bacteria associated to dry-cured meat products. J Essent Oil Res. 2017;29(2):117-25.
24. Boziaris IS, Proestos C, Kapsokefalou M, Komaitis M. Antimicrobial effect of Filipendula ulmaria plant extract against selected foodborne pathogenic and spoilage bacteria in laboratory media, fish flesh and fish roe product. Food Technol Biotechnol. 2011;49(2):263.
25. Higginbotham KL, Burris KP, Zivanovic S, Davidson PM, Stewart CN. Aqueous extracts of Hibiscus sabdariffa calyces as an antimicrobial rinse on hot dogs against Listeria monocytogenes and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Food Control. 2014;40:274-7.
26. Barbosa LN, Rall VLM, Fernandes AAH, Ushimaru PI, da Silva Probst I, Fernandes Jr A. Essential oils against foodborne pathogens and spoilage bacteria in minced meat. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2009;6(6):725-8.
27. Dussault D, Vu KD, Lacroix M. In vitro evaluation of antimicrobial activities of various commercial essential oils, oleoresin and pure compounds against food pathogens and application in ham. Meat Sci. 2014;96(1):514-20.
28. Tsigarida E, Skandamis P, Nychas GJ. Behaviour of Listeria monocytogenes and autochthonous flora on meat stored under aerobic, vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging conditions with or without the presence of oregano essential oil at 5 C. J Appl Microbiol. 2000;89(6):901-9.
29. Jayasena DD, Jo C. Essential oils as potential antimicrobial agents in meat and meat products: A review. Trends Food Sci Technol. 2013;34(2):96-108.
30. Khorshidian N, Yousefi M, Khanniri E, Mortazavian AM. Potential application of essential oils as antimicrobial preservatives in cheese. Innov Food Sci Emerg Technol. 2017. In Press.