1. Soltani N, Keshavarzi B, Moore F, Tavakol T, Lahijanzadeh AR, Jaafarzadeh N, et al. Ecological and human health hazards of heavy metals and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in road dust of Isfahan metropolis, Iran. Sci Total Environ. 2015; 505: 712-23.
2. Ward MH, Jones RR, Brender JD, de Kok TM, Weyer PJ, Nolan BT, et al. Drinking Water Nitrate and Human Health: An Updated Review. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018; 15(7): E1557.
3. Rojas Fabro AY, Pacheco Ávila JG, Esteller Alberich MV, Sansores SAC, Camargo-Valero MA. Spatial distribution of nitrate health risk associated with groundwater use as drinking water in Merida, Mexico. Appl Geogr. 2015; 65: 49-57.
4. Taneja P, Labhasetwar P, Nagarnaik P. Nitrate in drinking water and vegetables: intake and risk assessment in rural and urban areas of Nagpur and Bhandara districts of India. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2019; 26(3): 2026-37.
5. Daud MK, Nafees M, Ali S, Rizwan M, Bajwa RA, Shakoor MB, et al. Drinking Water Quality Status and Contamination in Pakistan. Biomed Res Int. 2017; 2017: 7908183.
6. Wongsasuluk P, Chotpantarat S, Siriwong W, Robson M. Using urine as a biomarker in human exposure risk associated with arsenic and other heavy metals contaminating drinking groundwater in intensively agricultural areas of Thailand. Environ Geochem Health. 2018; 40(1): 323-48.
7. Kapoor A, Viraraghavan T. Nitrate removal from drinking water. Journal of environmental engineering. 1997; 123(4): 371-80.
8. Sadeghi MK, Ghorbani M, Kordkheili SM. Investigation of heavy metals, nitrate and nitrite in drinking water of Savadkouh region of Iran via distribution maps in GIS. Shahrood, Iran: Islamic Azad University, Shahrood Branch, College of Engineering - Dempartment of Chemical Engineering; 2014.
9. Inoue‐Choi M, Jones RR, Anderson KE, Cantor KP, Cerhan JR, Krasner S, et al. Nitrate and nitrite ingestion and risk of ovarian cancer among postmenopausal women in Iowa. Int J Cancer. 2015; 137(1): 173-82.
10. Nitrate and Nitrite: Health Information Summary. Environmental Fact Sheet. New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services; 2006.
11. Rezaei H, Jafari A, Kamarehie B, Fakhri Y, Ghaderpoury A, Karami MA, et al. Health-risk assessment related to the fluoride, nitrate, and nitrite in the drinking water in the Sanandaj, Kurdistan County, Iran. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal. 2018: 1-9.
12. Sadler R, Maetam B, Edokpolo B, Connell D, Yu J, Stewart D, et al. Health risk assessment for exposure to nitrate in drinking water from village wells in Semarang, Indonesia. Environ Pollut. 2016; 216: 738-45.
13. Grosse Y, Baan R, Straif K, Secretan B, El Ghissassi F, Cogliano V. Carcinogenicity of nitrate, nitrite, and cyanobacterial peptide toxins. Lancet Oncol. 2006; 7(8): 628-9.
14. Dehghani M, Abbasnejad A. Cadmium, Arsenic, Lead and nitrate pollution in the groundwater of Anar Plain. Journal of Environmental Studies. 2011; 36(56): 28-30.
15. Powlson DS, Addiscott TM, Benjamin N, Cassman KG, De Kok TM, Van Grinsven H, et al. When does nitrate become a risk for humans? J Environ Qual. 2008; 37(2): 291-5.
16. Badee Nezhad A, Emamjomeh MM, Farzadkia M, Jonidi Jafari A, Sayadi M, Davoudian Talab AH. Nitrite and Nitrate Concentrations in the Drinking Groundwater of Shiraz City, South-central Iran by Statistical Models. Iran J Public Health. 2017; 46(9): 1275-84.
17. Qasemi M, Afsharnia M, Farhang M, Bakhshizadeh A, Allahdadi M, Zarei A. Health risk assessment of nitrate exposure in groundwater of rural areas of Gonabad and Bajestan, Iran. Environ Earth Sci. 2018; 77(15): 551.
18. National Research Council. Risk assessment in the federal government: managing the process. Washington: National Academies Press; 1983.
19. Cotruvo JA. Drinking water standards and risk assessment. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 1988; 8(3): 288-99.
20. Khashei-Siuki A, Sarbazi M. Evaluation of ANFIS, ANN, and geostatistical models to spatial distribution of groundwater quality (case study: Mashhad plain in Iran). Arabian Journal of Geosciences. 2015; 8(2): 903-12.
21. Federation W, Association APH. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater. 22nd Edition. American Public Health Association (APHA), Washington, DC, USA; 2012.
22. Iran IoSaIRo. Drinking water -Physical and chemical specifications (in Persian). Iran: Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran; 2010.
23. Organization WH. Guidelines for drinking-water quality: first addendum to the fourth edition; 2017.
24. USEPA. Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund (Human Health Evaluation Manual). USA: 2004.
25. USEPA. Dermal Exposure Assessment: A Summary of EPA Approaches; 2007.
26. Fawell J, Nieuwenhuijsen MJ. Contaminants in drinking water. Br Med Bull. 2003; 68(1): 199-208.
27. Atashi M, Sharifi MB, Davari K. Qualitative categorization of groundwater sources of drinking water in Mashhad based on drinking water standards. the National Conference on Environmental Engineering. 2013.
28. Khazaei E, Habibnejad RM. the presence of nitrogen compound in groundwater of zahedan aquifer, an arid region in southeastern Iran; 2001.
29. Moghadasi SM, Alavi Moghadam SMR, Momen R, Moghadasi A. Comparison of nitrate concentration in drinking water in different areas of the city of Arak; 2006.
30. Linton JM, Kennedy E, Shapiro A, Griffin M. Unaccompanied children seeking safe haven: Providing care and supporting well-being of a vulnerable population. Children and Youth Services Review. 2018; 92: 122-32.
31. Latif M, Mousavi SF, Afiony M, Velaiaty S. Investigation of Pollution of Nitrate and Its Source in Groundwater in Mashhad Plain. Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. 2005; 12(2): 21-32.
32. Qandehari A, Ghahraman B, Omranian Khorasani H. Risk assessment of the water supply program in the fuzzy environment (Case studies: Mashhad comprehensive water supply program up to 1450 horizons). Iranian Water Resources Research Journal. 2017; 13(3): 56-72.
33. Panahi S, Alavi Moghaddam MR. Evaluation of nitrate concentration in groundwater and drinking water distribution network of Robat-Karim City, Tehran Province, Iran. Water Practice and Technology. 2012; 7(2): 1-7.
34. Nanbakhsh H, Mohammadi A, Ebrahimi A. Investigating of Nitrate and Nitrite Concentration of Drinking Water Wells in Villages Around ofthe Industrial Park, In Urmia City. Journal of Health System Research. 2010.
35. Marboty Z, Khavauri R, Ahia F. Valuation of nitrate and potassium contamination in groundwater of Behbahan plain of Khuzestan province. National Conference on Water Crisis in Iran and the Middle East; Iran, 2014.
36. Ziarati P, Zendehdel T, Arbabi Bidgoli S. Nitrate content in drinking water in Gilan and Mazandaran Provinces, Iran. J Environ Anal Toxicol. 2014; 4(4): 219.
37. Jafari Malekabadi A, Afyun M, Mousavi SF, Khosravi A. Nitrate Concentration in Groundwater in Isfahan Province. Journal of Water and Soil Science. 2004; 8(3): 69-83.
38. Esmaeili A, Moore F, Keshavarzi B. Nitrate contamination in irrigation groundwater, Isfahan, Iran. Environ Earth Sci. 2014; 72(7): 2511-22.
39. Peek L, Abramson DM, Cox RS, Fothergill A, Tobin J. Children and disasters. 2018. 243-62.
40. Su X, Wang H, Zhang Y. Health risk assessment of nitrate contamination in groundwater: a case study of an agricultural area in Northeast China. Water resources management. 2013; 27(8).
41. Chen J, Wu H, Qian H, Gao Y. Assessing nitrate and fluoride contaminants in drinking water and their health risk of rural residents living in a semiarid region of Northwest China. Exposure and Health. 2017; 9(3): 183-95.
42. Rezaei M, Nikbakht M, Shakeri A. Geochemistry and sources of fluoride and nitrate contamination of groundwater in Lar area, south Iran. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017; 24(18): 15471-87.